Senior Manager, State and Local Tax
Company: Centene Corporation
Posted on: November 20, 2023
You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million
members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one
person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you'll
have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective
on workplace flexibility. Position Purpose: Oversee and manage
various aspects of the company's tax functions, including GAAP and
Statutory tax financial accounting and reporting, federal and state
tax audits, and tax research and planning.
- Manage the preparation and assist with review of quarterly and
annual ASC 740 and SSAP 10 (Statutory Accounting for Income Taxes)
tax provision calculations, including FIN 48 reserves.
- Research complex tax issues, develop authoritative tax
positions, formulate tax planning recommendations, and participate
in strategic tax planning initiatives.
- Participate in M&A projects, including performing due
diligence, structuring transactions and integrating operations from
a tax perspective.
- Assist with federal and state income, sales & use or franchise
tax audits, including research and writing of technical tax
- Research and remain current on new federal or state tax laws
and tax accounting developments, including FAS 109 and Sarbanes
---Oxley issues. Assess risk profile of tax filing positions.
- Ensure the timely and efficient monthly analysis of tax
accounts in the general ledger. Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's' degree in Accounting.
- 7+ years of experience in public accounting or private
- Extensive knowledge of ASC 740.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to successfully direct
the completion of complex income tax accounting reporting tasks,
tax returns, and research projects.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
License/Certification: CPA preferred. Our Comprehensive Benefits
Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid
work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time
off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your
dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement
and best-in-class training and development. Centene is an equal
opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the
ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Centene Corporation, Waco , Senior Manager, State and Local Tax, Executive , Carlton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!