Assistant Project Manager - Waco, TX
Company: Bowman Consulting Group Ltd
Posted on: November 22, 2022
To execute through administration, technical and management
techniques assigned projects to ensure the successful completion,
on time and within allocated budget.
Leadership and Direction
- Supervise work of all project personnel to ensure that it meets
the highest professional standards.
- Provide mentorship through counsel, guidance, and knowledge to
At the Operational and Company Level
- Assist with the marketing of the firms capabilities to
establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing
- Coordinate with other internal departments to meet project
Do the Work
- Perform project development for complex projects, including
finalizing scope of projects, preparing bid summaries, preparing
project budgets and cost estimates.
- Prepare and direct preparation of designs, specification,
plans, estimates and reports for projects.
- Review job cost sheets and prepare monthly billings. Ensure
assigned projects stay within budget allocation.
- Responsible for the monitoring and management of
work-in-process, billings, and outstanding accounts receivable
- Maintain healthy client relationships and possess solid
operational insight for driving projects and executing
- Maintain close relationships with clients to resolve all
project questions including technical requirements, completion
requirements and billing inquiries.
- Assist with marketing presentations and attend marketing
- Assist team leader in securing repeat business from existing
clients and identifying new clients.
- Supervise work of project personnel to ensure that it meets the
highest professional standards.
- Liaise with clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design
teams on projects.
- Review project changes, pending or anticipated alterations to
the contract, additional work requests, and all other factors,
which may significantly affect staffing requirements or
- Provide technical assistance in the resolution of design
problems including field investigation or inspections, detailed
design work, detailed review of design computations done by others
and general coordination of design aspects.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of
assigned project work.
- Create own design work using computer-aided or manual drafting
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning the direction of
- Perform field investigation or inspections.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline
- Review plans and prepare/review technical specifications,
contract documents, and estimates.
- Drive the profitability and growth of projects.
- Be self-reliant and able to operate independently with limited
- Understand and accurately interpret financial reports and
- Be a self-starter with strong marketing/business
- Be a "citizen" of the larger organization, breaking down
barriers and silos.
- Outstanding client management skills.
- Minimum of five to seven (5-7) years experience within the Site
Development Civil Engineering industry.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering, Land Surveying,
Planning, or related discipline.
- Registered Professional in field of expertise.
- Thorough understanding of business and financial principles in
a consulting business, as well as municipal codes and
- A proven track record of innovation, leadership and
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Outstanding technical and computer skills.
- Proven marketing and business development skills.
- The ability to collaborate and team well across offices and be
able to facilitate agreements.
- Indoor work/Outdoor work
- Lift/Carry 21-50lbs
- Excessive Noise
- Operating Computer
- Exposure to Hazards/Extreme Temperatures
- Reach Outward/Reach above Shoulder
- Push/Pull 26-40lbs
- Crawl/Squat or Kneel/Bending
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key
duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
Keywords: Bowman Consulting Group Ltd, Waco , Assistant Project Manager - Waco, TX, Executive , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!