Assistant Community Manager
Company: The Scion Group
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Want to learn more about The Scion Group? Check out our
website.We're hiring immediately!Your OpportunityScion is paving a
path in student living and we're seeking a talented Assistant
General Manager (AGM) to join us in executing our vision. This
position is a community leader and assists the General Manager with
maintaining successful operational and financial performance of an
asset.If you are passionate about customer service and have a
detailed eye for account management - we want you!You'll work in a
fast-paced, agile, collegiate environment. This role demands a
customer-centric mindset, adaptability, attention to detail and
excellent prioritization skills. Must be prepared to act as General
Manager in their absence.Your Benefits
- FLSA Status Exempt
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid Maternity LeaveYour ResponsibilitiesStaff Development and
- Provide leadership and coaching for staff performance and
foster a positive and productive team environment.
- Assist with attracting, hiring, retaining and training
exceptional team members.
- Ensure all onsite staff are trained and compliant with Fair
Housing, safety and company policies.
- Manage the development of and adherence to the property onsite
schedule, including after hour on-call shifts.Property
- Prepare, respond and advise on all community aspects including
market, physical condition, policies, procedures and onsite
- Deliver legal and resident notices and files evictions in
compliance with current policy and local ordinances.
- Assist with planning and leading the team in executing
successful annual Turnover processes.
- Manage all resident accounts and utility billing, coordinate
accounts receivables, and maintain regular auditing and
- Ensures move-in, room assignments, transfer and move-out
processes are executed efficiently and successfully.Facilities &
- Responsible for safe and sanitary community experience for
employees, residents and guests including property appearance,
operationally sound facilities, preventative maintenance and great
- Responsible for property curb appeal and overall appearance of
building exterior, common areas, amenities, and apartments.
- Assist with conducting inspections and walk vacant
apartments/bed spaces monthly.
- Regularly inspect grounds, interior and resident amenities /
general common areas to ensure that the facilities comply with all
codes and company standards.
- Coordinate work order requests with appropriate staff or
- Assist in the preparation of Month End reports, reconcile, and
balance all accounts receivable.
- Enforce and comply with all Scion late fees, Non-Sufficient
Funds (NSF) fees and collection policies, keeping delinquency below
2% by month end.
- Post and collect damage charges from quarterly
- Assess damage at move-out to calculate required charges and
prepare final billing or processes refunds.Customer Experience &
- Manage all customer sales interactions, both personally and
through directing team members in alignment with company
- Perform weekly market surveys.
- Manage the successful execution of customer experience
initiatives, engagement initiatives, and additional marketing
- Manage promotional material and property incentives meeting
marketing and concession budget.
- Provide expert direction on sales and revenue goals and lead
the team to achieve them. Utilize KPIs to report on trends,
insights and proactively address issues.
- Identify and recommend local marketing opportunities,
appropriate marketing messages and material to drive traffic to the
- Manage all escalated resident concerns and account matters in a
timely manner.The responsibilities listed above may not be all
inclusive.What We Require
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator
- Meticulous detail orientation
- Customer-centric mindset
- 1+ years' experience working at living communities/property
- Proficient in Property Management Systems (Entrata
- Job location is at the assigned property. May be required to
- Working hours consist of daytime business hours, requiring
additional non-traditional hours during peak times and
emergencies.Who is Scion?At The Scion Group, we're changing what
student housing means. It's bigger than beds and buildings. It's
about providing unique experiences and creating communities - both
on and off campus - that feel less like a place and more like a
home. As one of North America's leading owners, operators and
advisors of student housing, we are defining the future of student
living.Taking the student housing industry by storm starts by
surrounding yourself with the right people. We want trail blazers
and risk takers. Go-getters and game changers. We want dreamers and
doers. From operations to accounting, advisory to finance, we're
building a team to help us take student living to the next level.At
Scion, we don't just lead the way, we Make Way. How do we do it? We
know we're far from perfect and we're relentless in finding ways to
better ourselves. You'll come to find out that Make Way is a call
to action to pave your own path and to lead, not follow. It's what
sets Scion apart and secures our spot as one of the fastest
growing, industry-leading companies.
The Scion Group LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, religion, creed, national origin, color, gender, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical or mental
disability (as long as the employee/applicant is otherwise
qualified for the job with or without a reasonable accommodation),
genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, marital status, uniformed
service, veteran status, pregnancy or other legally protected
status or category under federal or state law. The Scion Group LLC
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in all locations in which the
Company has properties. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence,
compensation, training and other terms and conditions of
employment. The Scion Group LLC is committed to the principles of
equal employment opportunities.
Keywords: The Scion Group, Waco , Assistant Community Manager, Executive , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!