Director of Nursing Cancer Center
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: September 21, 2022
JOB SUMMARYManage multiple Nursing Units with responsibility for
planning, selecting, and/or devising methods, policies and
procedures for Managers and Staff employees to accomplish
designated goals. Negotiate interdepartmental resources,
communicates and plans with various cross-functional departments to
ensure effective level of service to Nursing Units.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Oversee the operational, personnel and fiscal management of
assigned areas of responsibility with an emphasis on high quality,
cost effective patient care.
- Monitor daily productivity, addressing variance from
established standards and adjust staffing to maintain established
- Establish annual unit-specific quality improvement goals,
conduct monitoring, analysis, process changes, reporting and
re-evaluation of prepared goals to Nursing Quality Council and
Clinic Quality Council.
- Investigate adverse events, review data and findings, assessing
for trends, acting on self-remediation needs and identify
opportunities for development.
- Collaborate with non-nursing departments to establish processes
and address issues which enhance the provision of patient care and
- Conduct and participate in daily rounds to identify immediate
needs, monthly patient room rounds, monthly Environment of Care
Rounds, Tracers, and Patient Safety Rounds, and acts on findings in
a timely manner.
- Establish opportunities to acquire input, to include unit
monthly Action Unit Committees, input at staff meetings and other
- Comply with requirements of regulatory, licensing, and
- Design measurements and tools to evaluate achievement and
- Identify and clearly communicate communication gaps in staff
knowledge and/or competency.
- Directs the effective management of financial, informational
and personnel resources to ensure efficient operations and
continuity of care.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Bachelors required.
- Master's degree preferred; may consider 50% or more or course
requirements to obtain Masters degree.
- 5-8 years progressive nursing management experience
- Three to five years progressive nursing management experience
- Complete and maintain professional and technical
- Maintain membership in professional nursing organization.
- BCLS and ACLS are required in some departments.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitate
(CPR)BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package includes the
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelQUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 5 years experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATIONRegistered Nurse (RN)Basic
Life Support (BLS), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitate (CPR): BLS or CPR
Required.As a health care system committed to improving the health
of those we serve, we are asking our employees to model the same
behaviours that we promote to our patients. As of January 1, 2012,
Baylor Scott & White Health no longer hires individuals who use
nicotine products. We are an equal opportunity employer committed
to ensuring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Waco , Director of Nursing Cancer Center, Executive , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!