Director Of Clinical Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Additional Job DescriptionThe Home Health Director of Clinical
Services directs and manages the interdisciplinary team in meeting
the needs of the home health patient and family in a manner
consistent with the guidelines and policies of Compassus. S/he
communicates patient information to the business office and
promotes a positive working relationship with the family,
physician, and other agencies. May serve as Program's Alternate
Administrator, responsible for carrying out administrative and
management functions and oversight in the absence of the Executive
Director/Administrator. May carry caseload due to ebb and flow of
patient census. Principal Accountabilities
- Supports corporate policies, goals and objectives.
- Establishes departmental goals consistent with corporate goals
- Promotes a positive working relationship between corporate and
- Facilitates appropriate upward and downward communication.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to
- Promotes staff development and professionalism.
- Implements corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Oversees Case Managers' direction of patient care
- Conducts interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Oversees the Case Manager's development of the plan of care in
accordance with home health philosophy.
- Supervises patient and family care as specified by the plan of
care, assessing appropriateness, continuity, service, and quality
- Oversees the Case Manager's consultation with the medical
director regarding attending physician orders and patient needs, as
related to the plan of care.
- Oversees to ensure that patient's re-certifications are
discussed and completed in a timely manner.
- Manages all members of the IDT: scheduling, productivity,
mentoring and monitoring, 1x1's, pay practices and timekeeping, and
- Communicates patient status information to the business
- Oversees that Case Manager orders the correct equipment,
supplies, and medications and that the program is billed
- Oversees the communication of patient information (admissions,
deaths, respites, changes in level of care, etc.) via
- Promotes positive working relationship with family, physician,
and other facilities.
- Oversees the communication with the attending physician to
ensure continuity and quality of care.
- Oversees and ensures that Case Manager or discipline notifies
all appropriate parties (IDT, physician, pharmacy, DME, etc.) of
- Oversee the management of medication changes.
- Makes marketing visits and provides in-services to all referral
sources, as appropriate.
- May have RN Case Manager responsibilities.
- Participates in on-call duty as needed or as back up to on-call
nurse, performs patient admissions and visits as needed.
- May carry caseload due to patient census ebb and flow.
- Regular attendance is an essential function.
- Make or delegate post-admissions calls.
- Other duties as assigned or performed. Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesDirectly supervises up to 30 colleagues. Carries
out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, training and terminating (with
administrative approval) all interdisciplinary staff; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining colleagues; addressing complaints and resolving
problems. Acts as Executive Director as needed to cover absences.
Ensures maximum utilization of resources. Promotes a positive and
- Leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programsEducation and/or
- Licensure as RN, PT, OT, or SW is required:
- Registered Nurse in the State and be a graduate of an approved
school of professional nursing; or
- Physical Therapist in the State; or
- Occupational Therapist in the State; or
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree and Social Worker licensure
in the State.
- One (1) year of home health care experience.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience
preferred.Certifications, Licenses, RegistrationsA valid driver's
license and auto liability insurance. Current Registered Nurse,
Physical Therapist, or Social Work State Licensure as required and
current CPR certification.Compassus, including all Compassus
affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus
affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently
because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or
Keywords: Compassus, Waco , Director Of Clinical Services, Executive , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!