Manager, Quality Engineer - Supplier Quality (HYBRID)
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Description: Job Title: Manager, Quality Engineer - Supplier
Job Code: IMS20230709-105794
Job Location: Waco, TX (Hybrid)
Schedule: 9/80 - off every other Friday
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineering Manager for our
Waco, TX location.
The Quality Engineering Manager will be our Subject Matter Expert
(SME) with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth
knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project
initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with
minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of
the organization to explain and influence changes to practices,
processes and approaches. Makes significant improvements in
processes, systems, or products. Provides input into new
products/processes and implements operational plans that have
measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of
standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and
evaluating the precision and accuracy of company products in
compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Performs analysis on reported nonconformities and discrepancies
related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical,
electro-mechanical systems, field and clinical data.
- Further investigates the cause for discrepancies and
nonconformities to develop disposition and recommend corrective
- Leads material review board and Process Failure Mode Effects
Analysis (PFMEA) activities.
- Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor
and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are
- Conducts program quality cost account management and manages
supplier corrective actions.
- Serves as the primary interface to customers and supplier for
quality related matters.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes,
systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area.
May develop new concepts or standards.
- Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are undefined,
where information is difficult to obtain.
- Conducts extensive investigation to understand root cause of
problems. Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues
across the function and/or business area.
- Implements strategic goals established by leadership.
- Establishes operational plans for job area with short-term
impact on results (e.g., less than 1 year).
- Provides input into new products, processes, standards and/or
operational plans that will have measurable impact on the
achievement of overall function or business results.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Able to travel up to 30%
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of nine (9) years of prior
relevant experience OR Graduate degree and a minimum of seven (7)
years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of
13 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience with Process Failure Mode
Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Minimum of 4 years' experience with AS9100/ISO9001 or IATF16949
quality system and process audit experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Counterfeit Parts Risk Mitigation
- APQP & PPAP experience
- FAI, AS9102 experience
- Lean Manufacturing
- ZDP - Zero Defect Planning
- Six Sigma and/or RedX Certified
- 8D and or A3 RCCA experience
- APQP, SPC, FMEA, Control Plan, Measurement System Analysis
(MSA) and PPAP experience.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Waco , Manager, Quality Engineer - Supplier Quality (HYBRID), Engineering , Aquilla, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!