Lead, External Loads Engineer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Job Title: Lead, External Loads Engineer
Job Code: IMS20220807-86456
Job Location: Waco, TX
The Senior Aeronautical Loads Engineer will perform analysis of
fixed wing and rotary aircraft to generate and compile externally
applied loads on the aircraft. Designs, develops, and tests a
variety of power plants, aircraft, missiles, and parts, taking into
consideration the most efficient use of the natural laws affecting
flight. Establishes structural design criteria, performs loads
analysis, and conducts loads validation tests.
- Responsible for generating mass properties data, inertias and
finite element models to determine inertial loads.
- Will compile aerodynamic data, mass properties data, dynamics
data, and aircraft state data to provide combined load cases to
distribute to the airframe models.
- Will develop structural design criteria data and
- Subtasks may include the generation of free-body diagrams,
determination of reaction forces, preparation of shear and moment
diagrams, execution of simulation tools, data processing and
assimilation, and down selecting of critical conditions.
- Must interact with other functional engineering
- Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area
and in-depth knowledge of project management.
- Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial
importance to the organization with minimal oversight or
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain
and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches.
- Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or
- Provides input into new products/processes and implements
operational plans that have measurable impact on business or
- In the event of anomalies, provide independent evaluation of
root cause, contributing causes and recommended corrective
- General loads development for fixed wing and rotary
- Development of mathematical models and simulations for loads
- BSME, BSAE, BSCE + 9 years structural engineering experience in
developing aircraft loads.
- Must have experience in finite element modeling and analyses
codes. MSC PATRAN or FEMAP and MSC Nastran is preferred.
- Must have experience in Matlab or other scripting languages
(Visual Basic, Pearl, Python, etc)
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix operating systems is
- Must be knowledgeable in Military and/or commercial
- Aircraft loads experience.
- Experience with ground and flight testing
- Experience with mathematical modeling and simulation.
- Experience with high performance computing, management of large
sets of data
- Must have ground and flight test loads experience.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Waco , Lead, External Loads Engineer, Engineering , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!