Facilities Project Engineer
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Role and Responsibilities
- Partner with the Waco line organization regarding Company
standards and procedures to achieve a zero-incident workplace
- Accountable for the maintenance of plant buildings and property
to ensure preservation and improvement of productive assets.
- Lead the facilities maintenance group inclusive of performance
evaluations and management, time approval, hiring and discipline
recommendations, and overall effectiveness of team.
- Ensures compliance with Company, government and industry
standards and policies for pollution control, safety, installation,
modification of equipment, and facilities related projects.
- Coordinates requirements for new designs, surveys, and
maintenance schedules for the facility.
- Prepares bid sheets and contracts defining facilities projects.
Interfaces with Purchasing Department to secure bids on
- Uses applicable engineering software, prepares facility and
equipment designs, which meet all applicable engineering and
construction standards and operational requirements.
- Utilizes project management software to assist in overseeing
and directing progress on multiple projects to ensure completion
on-time, within budget and in conformance to project
- Interfaces with internal and external resources, providing
guidance and direction as needed.
- Coordinates the testing of newly installed machines and
equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
- Ensures full compliance with all Company and government
Environmental Health & Safety standards, policies, and procedures
in coordination of the EHS department.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures
and conducts all activities in accordance with the Code of
- Provides input to the Division budget development process for
areas of accountability.
- Analyzes and directs the preparation of Capital Appropriation
Requests to secure required capital equipment for projects which
meet or exceed capital return targets.
- Makes frequent contacts with suppliers to investigate quality
problems, expedite orders, and negotiate pricing.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with all
levels of internal and external customers.
- Performs all tasks involving hazardous chemicals or hazardous
wastes in accordance with the SPCC Plan, RCRA regulations, and
operation procedures outlined in the Waco Environmental Management
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a technical
discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil
- 5 years of experience in the field of the facilities project
engineering manufacturing or a closely related field.Preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the field of facilities
- Proven ability to successfully manage large, complex
- Thorough knowledge of complex engineering, project management,
and productivity software (Word, Excel, Access, Lotus Notes,
- Ability to work effectively with employees, peers, senior-level
leaders, customers and vendor representatives.
- Good communication, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing and completing
multiple work assignments with minimal direction.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
position.If position is ITAR, requiring hires to have a U.S. Person
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Verification of
employment eligibility will be required at the time of
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Waco , Facilities Project Engineer, Engineering , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!