Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Howmet Fastening Systems is looking for a Project Engineer in
our R&D Department. This role provides Project level
responsibility for creating new fastener products geared towards
electrical connection and grounding applications. This position
will be based in our Waco, TX plant.Key Responsibilities:
- Project level responsibility for creating new fastener products
geared towards electrical connection and grounding
- Technical application support of resistance spot riveting
process with respect to weld schedule development for automotive
and other applications
- Works with customers and sales/marketing to find and develop
electrical connection and grounding applications
- Develop and carry out test procedures of fastened joints to
satisfy customer expectations (electrical related) such as thermal
cycling effect on conductivity, general ground bond integrity, and
current carrying capacity
- Machine controls design and PLC programming to support tooling
division new product development (Hydraulic power units, process
monitoring, field mountable counters).
- Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance
with established safety and environmental standards.
- Maintains full compliance and conducts all activities in
accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or electromechanical
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering basics (statics,
dynamics, mechanics of materials, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in any combination of OEM product
related machine controls design, resistance welding, PLC
programming, robotic programming, electrical circuit design,
Arduino programming etc.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Preferred
- P.E. license in related engineering discipline
- 5+ years experience in any combination of OEM product related
machine controls design, resistance welding, PLC programming,
robotic programming, electrical circuit design, Arduino programming
- Direct experience in product design for sales of products used
- Direct experience with electrical panel/connection component
design, testing and analysis (for example: terminal blocks,
grounding lugs, surge suppressors, splices/termination etc.
- Direct experience with automotive resistance welding
- Design of machine control circuits
- Testing and specification of electrical connections and
- PLC programming - Allen Bradley
- Solidworks, Cocreate, MS Office
- Electrical analysis software (TBD)
- Familiarity with UL specification requirements/testing for
fastening components used in grounding or current carrying
About Howmet Aerospace
Howmet Aerospace Inc., headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,
is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for
the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company's primary
businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening
systems, and titanium structural parts necessary for
mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and
defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial
transportation. With nearly 1,150 granted and pending patents, the
Company's differentiated technologies enable lighter, more
fuel-efficient aircraft to operate with a lower carbon footprint.
For more information, visit www.howmet.com
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Waco , Project Engineer, Engineering , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!