Mechanical Project Engineer
Company: Polyglass U.S.A., Inc. / Mapei Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
MECHANICAL PROJECT ENGINEER
Polyglass USA, Inc. -, a premier roofing materials manufacturing
company, has an opening for a Project Engineer, at our Waco, TX
plant. Reporting to the Corporate Engineering Manager, the ideal
candidate will have Project Management experience from concept to
completion and a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. We
are looking for a highly motivated individual with a manufacturing
background, which includes strong mechanical design experience,
CAPEX projects management and ability to provide support and
coordination with contractors and outside vendors relating to
engineering projects. This position will require up to 40% travel
with responsibility for running CAPEX projects in multiple
- Oversees the successful development and implementation of
projects related to process improvements, facility upgrades and
related safety improvements at multiple locations.
- Project Management background with responsibility for
establishing and managing project budgets.
- Ensures that all deliverables meet contract requirements.
- Develops the Scope of Work documents, drawings and
specifications required for the bidding process.
- Issues monthly summary report of active and pending projects
with time to complete and cost revisions.
- Engages employees; assigns, directs and evaluates their work
and oversees the development and maintenance of staff
- Represents the Engineering Department in planning and
coordinating construction activities with the individual -p lant
- Performs administrative functions such as reviewing and writing
reports approving expenditures, enforcing rules and making
decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Develops and implements policies, standards and procedures for
the engineering and technical work performed in the business
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering is
- 10-15+ years' experience in a manufacturing or technical
environment. Strong CapEx Project Leadership experience is a
requirement for this role.
- Strong experience in Mechanical Design
- Proficiency in Solidworks and/or AutoCad, Excel and
- Travel up to 40%
Please copy and paste the link below to see how Polyglass views
each of our employees - as
Take a peek behind the cultural curtain at
Keywords: Polyglass U.S.A., Inc. / Mapei Group, Waco , Mechanical Project Engineer, Engineering , Waco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!